Jute is something that can add elegance and style to your rooms and decoration without much ado. Since jute is a very inexpensive material used for decoration it’s often overlooked when it comes to the DIY home decoration projects. The soft texture and elegant color of jute can complement any other color you pick and it would add a signature style to any room or any place that you add it to.
There are hundreds of ways that we can make use of the jute to decorate home. These are rather simple DIY projects that anyone could do. Often the other tools you need are a pair of scissors, a strong adhesive and some item to cover with jute. Let us have a look at some basic yet cool DIY projects with jute.
- Lamps add a very aesthetic and classy feel to which ever room or lobby they are added to. You can give your lamp shade a makeover by vertically wrapping the jute wire all across it. It will look something more than elegant. You just have to try.
Other than wrapping it vertically, you can wrap it horizontally as well. It too gives a very nice feel to the lamp shade.
You could also go sectioning the lamp shade by choosing the upper and lower parts and pasting the jute chord across those parts.
Last but not the least, you could wrap the lamp itself with the jute cord. The lamp shade could go fine by itself.
- A very creative and useful DIY home decoration projects is to wrap the tin containers with the jute cord and use them to organize your cluttered closets or cabinets. You could place any items like the stationery items, toys, spoons etc. that need separate containers to be held in.
- Using the jute net to cover the bottles or left out jars could too create an amazing effect. These are generally used as planter pots or you could use some marbles etc. to fill the bottles and create a dramatic effect.
- Frames are a decoration that is loved by everyone and they do give a lovely feel to your lobbies. You could consider making a frame out of jute to give it a whole new feel. There are literally tens of ways for creating and recreating the frames and to make them ever more special.
- Jute is best used to create the fillers for the vases or to create some special effect light balls out of it. All you have to do is to blow a small balloon and wrap the adhesive coated jute cord over it while leaving pockets in between. Once the balls have dried out, burst the balloon and pull it out. You will have a lovely airy jute ball ready in your hand.
- Crocheted motifs or the tiny mats made out of jute is something very classy and very trendy that gives a sober feel to the tables they are added to.
Try any of these and tell us how much appreciation you earned in return!